Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A Stock Comic Situation

[A Guest Post By Grand Uncle Stagnant]

Cabbages are not elephants - so be warned, Matilda. Don't let them see the whites of your underwear. These are the helicopters of our desire, so don't let that donkey near the car park, or all our advertising slogans will have been in vain.

Don't put it there!

clip_image002

I have seen the cheese and onion pasties marching at Dawn, and I have seen how worried she was, despite Rosie's reassuring fingers.

So, let us go dancing at the fishmonger's once again.

I knew him before. He used to play the banjo in Walsall. But they managed to find a cure, and not a minute too soon.

Still, eh, still?

It goes on. Then it stops.

We know all that, and we have read the instructions too. Don't forget, it will always be raining now. I have a goat too, now. So there.

I have seen it all, and I have painted it blue.

I'll tell you a joke.

A national stereotype, a second national stereotype and a third national stereotype entered a stock comic situation together. The first national stereotype and the second national stereotype avoided any possible entanglement in the stock comic situation by using their wits to escape. But the third national stereotype fell victim to the lurking punch line.

Thank you. Good night.

Post a Comment